Summer is coming! Well, for those of us in Texas, summer has already arrived. But for many others, temperatures are just starting to get comfortable and allow for fun time in the sun. Kids might be out of school (not mine, he’s in daycare no matter the time of year, but you know, other people’s kids) and parents might be looking for activities and ideas. Fear not, my friends, I have collected some amazing posts about summer activities and ideas for summer fun to share with you so gather your list-making-tools and start perusing these posts.
Beach Time, Outside Play, and Travel
Summertime is time to be outside! Get out there and play! Here are some great posts to do just that! The kids might just tire themselves out and give you a break!
- The Secret to the Perfect Hike with a Preschooler is Easier than You Might Think Tinselbox – Do you like hiking? Go take your preschooler on a hike!
- Tips to take your Baby to the Beach Hampton Roads Moms – Beach time with babies is fun!
- How to Pack for a Beach Trip with a Toddler – tips from me!
- Make Sand Slime at the Beach Views from a Stepstool – slime is all the rage these days huh?
- Kiddie Pool Sensory Play Ideas Parenting from the Heart
- How To Have A Fantastic Summer Day At The Local Swimming Hole – also from me
- Surviving A Summer Road Trip With A Toddler – from me as well
Summer Crafts and Food
Summer themed crafts and food ideas are making their way around Pinterest. Here are some ideas.
- Summer 2016: Tie Dye Muddy Boots and Diamonds. – Tie Dye is always fun!
- Flavored Lemonade Love My Big Happy Family – Because lemonade is the ultimate summer drink!
- Sun-Sational Crafts for Toddlers Kori at Home – Because toddlers and crafts and summer go together great
- DIY Sidewalk Chalk Pops Project Nursery
- 5 Kid-Friendly Drinks For Summer – from me
Just because it is summer break, doesn’t mean kids can’t (and shouldn’t) continue to learn something new!
- Two Websites I’m Loving for Summer Learning Diary of a Deelexia Mom
- Things your Toddler can Learn at the Park Parenting Expert to Mom – because learning never needs to stop
- Ways to take Science Outside this Summer Inspiration Laboratories – yes to some summer STEM ideas
- Nature Science Camp at Home iGameMom
Family Activity Ideas
Here is a list of lists of activities – you’re welcome! Make this summer memorable with these activities.
- Free Kids Activities Frugal Florida Mom
- 50 Fun Summer Activities for Kids For the Love of Mom
- 101 Fun Kids Activities To Do This Summer (That Barely Cost Anything) Awesome Alice
- Summer Boredom Busters On A Budget Totally Mommed It!
- 300+ Activities for Frugal Family Fun – from me
- Summer Programs For Kids That Won’t Break Your Budget – also from me