Spring has sprung and all of a sudden even the cleanest spots in your house come up looking dusty with sunlight finally shining through your windows and giving your home a lighter feel. A fresh new season brings a clean slate so there’s no better time to get your home in shipshape condition for spring and summer, and hopefully for years to come if you can implement the right habits for you and your family. We’ve turned to Marie Kondo and her The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up book for some organization and decluttering inspiration.
We’re pretty sure you’ve heard of her before but if you haven’t heard of Marie Kondo and her KonMari method then she’s pretty much a queen when it comes to changing people’s lives through the magic of organizing. Being a home organizing consultant, Kondo is most recently known for her Tidying Up with Marie Kondo show on Netflix. Yes, she now has her very own show and it’s incredibly addictive to watch!
Marie Kondo really does believe that organizing and tidying up your home can dramatically change and improve your life. Clutter and untidiness can have a negative impact on both your mental and physical health, and also get in the way of the things that really matter to you in your life. Do you feel like you’re constantly tidying up but your house still looks untidy? The KonMari method might (or might not) be the answer – either way it’s time to get a fresh perspective on your clutter for both you and your family.
Whether you’re prone to an annual spring clean or not, it’s always a good idea to freshen up your home at the start of a new season. If you’ve been thinking about KonMari-ing your house but not had the motivation you needed – hopefully these 50 quotes will inspire you! The below infographic, created by JD Williams, outlines some of Marie’s most iconic quotes from her Magic of Tidying Up book. Enjoy these spring cleaning quotes!
Natalie Atterbury writes on behalf of JD Williams, part of the N Brown Group, creating a range of visual and written content for online purposes. With a background in copywriting and SEO, Natalie is currently located in Manchester, UK.
More posts to help you tidy up:
- Ultimate Cleaning Guide for the Fabulous Busy Mom
- Spring cleaning for your finances worksheet
- Sell your old cellphone for extra cash
- How to organize a kids room with too many toys
- Why decluttering is good for your home and you
- How to stay organized with a household binder
- Keep or Toss? Your go-to guide on cleaning out clutter
- Organizing for your lifestyle, bust clutter once and for all
- Spring cleaning for your home office
- Taming the beast: paper clutter organization tips
- How to finally organize your kids clothes
- Spring cleaning – fully decluttering and deep cleaning your home
- DIY freshening cleaner
- 5 easy ways to get kids to help with spring cleaning
- the #1 shortcut to an organized home
- How to organize important documents
Join the Working Mom List
Join the Working Mom collective and get support and tools to help you thrive! Subscribers get access to my library of resources and printables.