Do you follow the tradition of sending Holiday cards? I’ve been sending them to friends and family for years, but this is the first year we’ve done a formal photo card.
The tradition is a bit curious; here are some facts:
- Americans send 1.6 billion holiday cards annually (and women purchase approximately 80% of all greeting cards) [source]
- E-cards have become an environmentally friendly alternative to paper cards [source]
- Christmas cards originated in London, where Sir Henry Cole commissioned the first in 1843. [Source]
- Despite the separation of church and state, it’s customary for the President and First Lady to send White House Christmas cards each holiday season. [source]
- Calvin Coolidge issued the first official Christmas message to the American people in 1927. [source]
Who do you typically send these cards to? Just family? Special friends? Bosses and coworkers?
I thought it would be fun to share this Infographic from Grammarly.com.
Join the Working Mom List
Join the Working Mom collective and get support and tools to help you thrive! Subscribers get access to my library of resources and printables.