Let’s face it. Parenting isn’t always a walk in the park. But it’s those little moments — your child sleepily crawling into your lap to cuddle or the joy of seeing them experience something new for the first time — that remind us of what’s really important.
To help you remember the importance of smiling and sharing your smile with others, we’ve rounded up a few quotes about smiling and parenting to brighten your day and foster happiness in motherhood.
Smile Quotes for Parents
Is there anything better than seeing a child smile? Here are a few lines from parents to remind us of the importance of the little things in life. These baby smile quote example are wonderful.
- “A laugh is a smile out of control.” — Wyatt B. Pringle Jr.
- “There are no words that can describe the euphoria you feel when your baby recognizes you for the first time and smiles.” — Jared Padalecki | Actor
- “A child’s smile is worth more than all the money in the world.” — Lionel Messi | Professional soccer player
- “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.” — Mark Twain | Author
- “Youth smiles without any reason. It is one of its chiefest charms.” — Thomas Gray | Poet
- “Children show me in their playful smiles the divine in everyone. This simple goodness shines straight from their hearts and only asks to be loved.” — Michael Jackson | Musician
- “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” — Ashley Smith | Model
- “Once I see my mother’s smiling face, I forget all the shooting pressures and tensions. I am the happiest person at that moment.” — Prabhas | Actor
- “To me there is no picture so beautiful as smiling, bright-eyed, happy children; no music so sweet as their clear and ringing laughter.” — P. T. Barnum | Businessman, politician, and showman
- “If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don’t be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning ‘Good morning’ at total strangers.” — Maya Angelou | Poet and civil rights activist
- “A child regards your cheery smile as evidence that you are on his side, so he relaxes and is happier.” — George W. Crane | Psychologist and physician
Quotes About Parents
As we grow up, it can be easy to forget that our parents are getting older, too. These quotes sum up the importance of that first love we experience in life and might just encourage you to send one of these to your parents.
- “A father’s goodness is higher than the mountain, a mother’s goodness deeper than the sea.” — Japanese Proverb
- “No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother’s love. It shrinks not where man cowers, and grows stronger where man faints, and over wastes of worldly fortunes sends the radiance of its quenchless fidelity like a star.” — Edwin Hubbell Chapin | Poet
- “Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark to have been loved so deeply… will give us some protection forever.” — J.K. Rowling | Author
- “Your kids require you most of all to love them for who they are, not to spend your whole time trying to correct them.” — Bill Ayers | Educator
- “We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.” | Henry Ward Beecher | Minister
Our friends at Auraglow have created phone wallpaper downloads with a few of our favorite smile quotes to help remind you of the powerful benefits of smiling for you and those around you. After all, it only takes 17 muscles in your face to smile, but 43 to frown!
Join the Working Mom List
Join the Working Mom collective and get support and tools to help you thrive! Subscribers get access to my library of resources and printables.