This is a sponsored conversation on behalf of Timeless Skin Care. All opinions are my own.
After having my baby, I looked and felt like I aged 10 years! Pregnancy, childbirth, lack of sleep and time for personal care can really wreak havoc on our appearance, and my skin took a hit. What’s a busy new mom to do?
I never used to be a product girl and remembering to moisturize was something I really struggled with. But in my 30s, and now as a mother, things have really changed. Why does having a baby change your skin so much? My skin was dry all over, but it especially was noticeable on my face. Hello, new wrinkles!
I started using skincare products like night cream and under-eye serums, and within a few weeks, I started to see a difference. In our 30s (and beyond) it is a good idea to start using quality products with anti-aging or anti-wrinkle ingredients and to focus on moisturization and repair.
Actually, it was my Mom who mentioned how I looked. I started using a skincare product regularly right after a trip out to see my family. When I visited them again about a month later, my Mom mentioned that my skin was glowing. Glowing! Regular skin care really does make a difference!
Reasons Why Skin Care is Important
- Skin is our largest barrier against infection so keeping it healthy and strong is how we stay healthier.
- Helps us age gracefully and slow down how our environment affects our skin.
- Skincare is linked with beauty, and good skincare improves how we look.
- Improving your skin’s collagen help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Moisturizing can help control breakouts and oily skin.
How to care for our Skin
- Drink water to stay hydrated and eat healthy meals with lots of nutrients.
- Don’t smoke.
- Always wear sunscreen.
- Remove all makeup at the end of the day.
- Have a good skin care regimen. Moisturize daily and exfoliate regularly.
- Use quality products that are natural, gentle and free of parabens, scents or perfumes.
There are a variety of product types out there, so a little reading can be necessary to find what we want to use. Creams are thicker than serums, and both serve a different purpose and contain different types of ingredients.
How do you take care of your skin?