Having a baby is absolutely life-changing. I knew this and expected things to be different, but boy was I not prepared for the magnitude of it all. Here are just a few (some silly, some serious) ways a baby changes your life.
How a baby changes your personal life:
- Suddenly you’re not the center of your own world. Another little being has taken over your attention and all your time.
- Activities and hobbies that were important to you before take a backseat or are forgotten altogether. Doing things you used to enjoy takes so much effort and planning that they lose some of their appeal.
- You have more colorful gadgets in your home than you ever imagined. The baby seems to have more stuff than you do.
- You no longer get squeamish with toilet humor because you’ve had your share of diaper blowouts and being covered in another person’s bodily fluids.
- Small talk is not so much about the weather but how much (or little) sleep you got last night.
How a baby changes your professional life:
- Your priorities change and you have to find a new way to balance every hat you wear.
- You no longer work late to finish a project or volunteer for projects with travel.
- You schedule your meetings around your pumping schedule and vice versa.
- Getting caught in bad traffic is even more awful than ever before.
- You find yourself more focused on the important projects and have less interest in chasing down every project available
How a baby changes you for the better:
- You find yourself demonstrating more patience and understanding than you thought you had.
- You surprise yourself at what you are able to accomplish.
- You find hidden strength of character and will.
- You find yourself smiling, despite how exhausted you are.
- Your heart grows several sizes.
- You celebrate this little person’s victories more than you ever celebrated your own.
- You wouldn’t change it for the world.
How are you embracing how having a child changes your world?
Join the Working Mom List
Join the Working Mom collective and get support and tools to help you thrive! Subscribers get access to my library of resources and printables.