Having a baby is absolutely life-changing. I knew this and expected things to be different, but boy was I not prepared for the magnitude of it all. Here are just a few (some silly, some serious) ways a baby changes your life.
How a baby changes your personal life:
- Suddenly you’re not the center of your own world. Another little being has taken over your attention and all your time.
- Activities and hobbies that were important to you before take a backseat or are forgotten altogether. Doing things you used to enjoy takes so much effort and planning that they lose some of their appeal.
- You have more colorful gadgets in your home than you ever imagined. The baby seems to have more stuff than you do.
- You no longer get squeamish with toilet humor because you’ve had your share of diaper blowouts and being covered in another person’s bodily fluids.
- Small talk is not so much about the weather but how much (or little) sleep you got last night.
How a baby changes your professional life:
- Your priorities change and you have to find a new way to balance every hat you wear.
- You no longer work late to finish a project or volunteer for projects with travel.
- You schedule your meetings around your pumping schedule and vice versa.
- Getting caught in bad traffic is even more awful than ever before.
- You find yourself more focused on the important projects and have less interest in chasing down every project available
How a baby changes you for the better:
- You find yourself demonstrating more patience and understanding than you thought you had.
- You surprise yourself at what you are able to accomplish.
- You find hidden strength of character and will.
- You find yourself smiling, despite how exhausted you are.
- Your heart grows several sizes.
- You celebrate this little person’s victories more than you ever celebrated your own.
- You wouldn’t change it for the world.
How are you embracing how having a child changes your world?