I received the full product in exchange for my honest review.
BeliBea Nursing Bra and Pumping Bra Experience
The BeliBea is the most comfortable bra I own! Partway through my pregnancy, every band of any bra I owned started getting uncomfortable. For some reason, even some sports bras felt like they were cutting into my skin (and at least left the skin red and sore). I tried out various sports bra type maternity and nursing bras, but after a full day’s wear, I was uncomfortable in all of them. Then I got to try the BeliBea. It is so soft and hugs my skin rather than bunching or rolling and pinching. The band feels nice and the straps don’t bother me!
The bra cups are lined for a soft, comfortable feel, and gives a seamless look under clothes. Unlike the sports bra styles I wore before, these allow the girls to keep their shape and look normal, not squished. The double strap openings allow for either nursing, or pumping, or really both. At first, I was wondering if the opening in the inner portion of the bra (for pumping) would be uncomfortable, but it is positioned so it doesn’t directly line up with the sensitive areas and so that wasn’t a concern.
One thing I did notice, back when I still had a decent output while pumping, was the pumping flap alone didn’t hold the breast pump shields close enough to my skin and I would sometimes lose suction as the bottles filled up. This is due to the material being so soft and comfortable, and not tight like my regular hands-free pumping bra. To remedy that I just clicked the top panel back in place underneath the shield and it held up just fine.
One improvement I would like to see would be some thicker cotton around the opening of the inner panel used for pumping. I understand that might change the comfort level though, but the soft nylon material may not be strong enough to stand up to prolonged use, and I eventually got a run in my bra. Nothing a little clear nail polish couldn’t fix, and good as new. I have two of these bras and I alternate them between washes (handwashing, of course). I also use cotton nursing pads to avoid staining the bras after every pump session.
It might not be perfect, but it is wonderful and versatile. It kept me from having to change completely into a hands-free pumping bra every time I needed to pump and allowed for easy nursing. The BeliBea is very comfortable and looks good under clothing without any concerns of a low neckline or seeing a weird pattern under clothes (seriously, some of my other nursing bras are polka-dotted – why?). I might even consider continuing to wear this bra even after my breastfeeding journey ends because of how good it feels. It has been a long time since I put on a “regular” bra, and I don’t know if those would feel good to wear anymore.
- The BeliBea bra line combines the best of traditional maternity bras with both an improved fit and design for better comfort, with the Nourish by BeliBea style also providing the ability to hold pump shields in place for hands-free convenience.
- Nourish by BeliBea includes dual panels in each cup that allow mothers to keep the garment in place while breastfeeding, pumping and during what often seems like the few moments in between. The inside panel fits to and holds a breast shield in place for hands-free convenience while pumping, or both panels can be lowered to easily breastfeed.
- The hands-free convenience of Nourish by BeliBea not only makes the individual tasks of breastfeeding and pumping more manageable, but it also allows mothers to do both at the same time – saving even more of your limited and precious time.
- The BeliBea bra line has a v-neck scoop and center ruching to maintain a feminine shape – no sports bra “uni-boob” here! Nourish by BeliBea also comes with removable pads between the cup panels that offer extra support, comfort and shape.
- Nursing mothers demand a new maternity bra that is comfortable but affordable, flexible and durable, simple yet clever – this is the bra line for nursing mothers everywhere.
- BeliBea bras incorporate specific design features to ensure every mother’s all-day comfort, including a seamless stretch fit, plush-lined adjustable straps and a ribbed band to provide flexible support.
Join the Working Mom List
Join the Working Mom collective and get support and tools to help you thrive! Subscribers get access to my library of resources and printables.
Leave a Reply