If you’re looking for the best baby toys for newborns, or even best baby toys 0-6 months and best baby toys 6-12 months, this guide will give you those suggestions. You’ll also learn the best developmental toys for 1-year-old and toys for brain development 1-2 years so let’s dive in!
The best toys for brain development for your child will vary depending on their age. Brain-boosting toys for babies help them find new ways to develop their senses. As babies become toddlers, they can use more toys than they did when they were infants. You will notice that your child’s play includes make-believe and sorting objects. They can use some of the same toys they did as infants but in new ways. Read on for best developmental toys for toddlers.
Best Baby Toys For Brain Development (1, 2, & 3-Year-Olds)
Put these brain-boosting toys for babies on your registry!
Brain Development Toys for a 1-Year-Old
By the time your baby is a year old, he or she is starting to walk, exploring how things work, and playing games. While a non-mobile infant will try to feel and taste things, your one-year-old will start to throw, drop, and shake their toys. They will try repeating different actions to understand them. Let’s explore the best developmental toys for a 1-year-old. These brain development toys for 1 year old are wonderful suggestions to help your baby grow and develop.
Examples of good brain boosting baby toys:
- Balls: Balls are so easy to get, and they’ll give your one-year-old hours of fun. From infancy, children have a fascination with balls. Their eyes follow the ball as it rolls around the room. You can have your infant practice rolling the ball back and forth with you. As the ball moves, they are exploring distances by determining how far the ball is from them. They also practice hand and eye coordination. This is one toy they will continue to love as they get older.
- Blocks: You can get special blocks for your infant that are big and soft, so you won’t have to worry about them hitting your child when they fall or choking hazards should they put them in their mouths. They will help your child to explore creativity and develop motor skills.
If you’re looking for the best baby toys for 1 year old these are it!
Brain Development Toys for a 2-Year-Old
Let’s chat about 2-year baby brain development. By the time your child is two, he or she will have begun to explore language. When they hear about something, they will be able to form a mental image of it in their minds. They will begin to explore pretend. It is around this age that your child will take a doll and pretend to feed it or rock it to sleep, imitating the way you care for them. They will have fun developing their creativity and making messes. It’s time to introduce more developmental toys for toddlers. These brain development toys for 2 year old are fabulous options!
Examples of good baby brain development toys for toddlers:
- Art supplies: Children at this age love to explore different mediums of art. They will have fun drawing, painting, or exploring play dough. Giving them a chance to explore art will help them to develop their creativity. They’ll also have a chance to be messy without causing trouble. You can encourage them by giving them art prompts, such as asking them to draw you a picture of the backyard.
- Dress Up Clothes and Pretend Sets: Since children at this age begin to explore pretend, you can buy them costumes or make-believe sets. Many children love doctor playsets and it will help them to understand what a visit to the doctor is like. Children also love putting on and taking off clothes. Dress up clothes help them to practice dressing.
If you’re looking for the best brain development toys for 2 year olds these are wonderful ideas.
What are the best developmental toys for a 1-year-old?
Brain Development Toys for a 3-Year-Old or Preschooler
By the time your child is three, he or she will have more fun with puzzles and electronics. They will begin to explore letters and numbers more in-depth in school, and they will enjoy practicing what they’ve learned on their toys. Children will begin to understand the sequence of events and putting toys together and taking them apart.
Examples of good brain development toys for young children, such as preschoolers:
- Wooden Cube Puzzle: It is a puzzle that you and your child can solve the cube serpent solution together. The object is to get the snake of cubes back into a 3x3x3 cube. It will help your child to practice their problem solving and fine motor skills. This is good for kids because there are no loose pieces.
- Memory Games: Children three and older are able to sit still for longer periods of time. Memory games, like matching, will help to build their concentration. They’ll notice similarities and differences and enjoy practicing problem-solving skills.
It’s never too early to think about your child’s brain development. They can have fun with their toys while learning something at the same time. Learning through play is the ultimate goal for brain-boosting activities. From brain stimulating toys for infants to problem-solving activities for your toddler, the possibilities of fun and learning are endless.
Try some of these educational toys to encourage learning and brain development in your baby.
Delan Cooper is a writer with years of experience. He works as a part-time creative writer for businesses, including Assign your writer and SiamMandalay. the Thai wood puzzles and handicrafts manufacturer and distributor. He is passionate about providing good content to an online community. You can reach Delan on Twitter.
Join the Working Mom List
Join the Working Mom collective and get support and tools to help you thrive! Subscribers get access to my library of resources and printables.