I can’t even believe that my little baby is 9 months old today! He is also 39 weeks old, so he has been out in this world longer now than he was inside of me. That is just surreal. Both of us have grown so much over the past 9 months (obviously him more than me, but still). I wanted to take a moment and reflect on all the milestones reached.
Baby H’s Milestones:
- He is nearly 22 pounds now! We have a 9-month check-up on Friday so we’ll find out the actual height/weight then. EDIT: at this appointment Baby H is 22lbs 9oz and 29 and 3/4 inches tall!
- He has two bottom teeth, and a top tooth is on the way.
- He can Army crawl around pretty quickly and is a great sitter.
- He pulls up to standing very well and enjoys standing for a while.
- He claps and high fives and loves to slap things (and people).
- He can pick up food and put it in his mouth, so not only does he get his fruits and veggies in puree form (thicker now than before) but he also gets some soft finger foods to play with.
- He’s gotten really good with holding his bottle when laying down, but can’t quite drink well from it when sitting. He’s not too sure about the sippy cup yet, though he does show interest in it if I pretend to drink from it first.
- He says “Mama” fairly regularly, and has said “Dada” a few times.
- He loves his musical toys and has learned which buttons make the sounds happen.
- He has the funniest facial expressions sometimes, especially if he isn’t sure about the taste of something.
- He loves animals and gets excited to see our pets running around. He’s also enjoyed the zoo.
- He’s gone on his first road trip and his first flight and has now been to 7 states.
- He went swimming for the first time at my parents’ pool and loved it. My parents bought him this floaty and it is absolutely brilliant.
- I became a working mom.
- I’ve learned how to function on about 4 hours of sleep, sort of well enough I suppose.
- Even with all the struggles, I’ve breastfed/pumped for 9 months.
- I’ve nursed him at the drive-in movies and on a flight.
- I’ve gotten good at carrying him one-handed and doing other things one-handed.
- I know how to rock him to calm him down, throw him around to make him squeal, and tickle him to make him laugh.
Things I’d like us to work on:
- He’s not a good sleeper and this mama is so tired. I keep reading that babies are supposed to sleep for 12 hours at night? I’m lucky if I get him to sleep for 6, usually with one time waking to feed.
- I need to work on my own health and well-being. I’ve started (sporadically) working out and maybe if I can get more sleep and feel stronger I can start losing this baby weight.
- I guess he’ll be walking soon, and I’m not sure how I feel about that.
- I want him to learn some more words, so he can better communicate what he is fussing about.
- We’re starting to work on picture and word recognition. He has so many great books with colorful animals that he should start learning which one is a dog for example.
I’m in awe of this little man every day as he grows and I grow with him.
Join the Working Mom Tribe
Join the Working Mom Tribe and get support and tools to help you thrive! Tribe members get access to my library of resources and printables.