We working moms have our plates so full that we can’t see past the water glass sometimes. Ok, so a silly punny thing to say, but in all seriousness, you know I’m right. Sometimes it is difficult to balance it all, and we tend to put ourselves last. It is not easy to take care of our own health while working full time and taking care of a family. I wish it was. But, there are a few things we can do while at work to help take care of ourselves, even a little, and to remain healthy.
Healthy Hacks for the Workplace
Here are just some ideas I have that can help us stay healthy at the office:
- Drink a glass of water for each cup of coffee (gotta stay hydrated).
- Get up and stretch every hour and rest your eyes from the screen.
- Walk down the hallway a few times a day if possible (like to the restroom, or to meetings).
- Keep a stash of healthy snacks (such as nuts or popcorn) to avoid the vending machine.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator if possible.
- Pack your lunch to control what you eat, and how much you eat. We know that eating out can get dangerous for our waistline.
Lists are great, but graphics are even better. Thanks to the lovely folks at Nuts.com for making this custom infographic for me.
What are some things you can do at the office to be healthy? Share your tips with me!
Join the Working Mom List
Join the Working Mom collective and get support and tools to help you thrive! Subscribers get access to my library of resources and printables.