Gratitude and Goals
- August and September have been a whirlwind (um, literally). The toddler and I loved our vacation in California visiting my parents. We had a fun time viewing the solar eclipse, well my Mom and I. The kid had no idea and was just playing in the playground while we watched on the hill. We swam in their pool often, and the little one used water wings for the first time. It was a wonderful trip.
- Upon our return, Harvey hit. Jerk. I am beyond thankful that our house did not take on any water. I know too many people who were not so lucky. It was scary and we had to open gates and remove fense posts to keep water from pooling in our yard and patio. We’re still trying to sell our home so we are thankful to have that in our favor.
- Our move, well, delayed. The house we were going to rent got flooded. Not because of Harvey, but because of a faulty toilet issue that just kept pouring water and with the house being vacant, no one knew about it until our walk through date 🙁 They strung us along for a month and a half but finally let us out of our lease as it will not be repaired any time soon. Thankfully hubby viewed another backup house after he already started at Fort Hood and we have signed the lease and moved this past weekend. I am so done living separately.
- I’m thankful for the moving company for doing all the heavy lifting getting everything packed and moved for us. At least there’s that, the military pays for the move.
- My client has allowed me to continue working remotely for a few more months! They do want someone in the office eventually but as I’ve been doing this job for 6 years, they don’t want to lose the expertise until they have a replacement plan. So my transition will be easier on me at least for that.
- I’ve been busy working on some great sponsored posts both on the blog and as social media campaigns. I’m thankful for these opportunities and am hoping the trend continues after the dry spell I had earlier this year. One of my favorites is the preschool post about executive function skills. The Instagram post series I had about some awesome pasta dishes was fun too!
- I still want to work on my goals to rock my blog so I need to get back to working through the Elite Blog Academy course to attempt those goals for year end or early 2018.
- We have been doing great with the going to bed before midnight goal. That’s hubby’s doing. I do need to schedule in more time for blogging since I used to do that late in the night while he was away.
- Harmonize. Stay positive. I am doing well actually with allowing my life to change and staying somewhat sane with all the crazy that life has been throwing at us lately.
- Transition to the new life. Major goal.
- Sell the house. Please soon? I really don’t want to have to pay rent and mortgage for very long.
What are you thankful for this month? What are your goals for the month ahead? Share your posts with us!
Welcome to the Gratitude and Goals Linky Party hosted by Julie at Fab Working Mom Life and Suzanna at Mama Motivates! The idea behind this party is to take a step back and reflect on those things, both large and small, that we are thankful for in our lives this past month as well as think about what goals we may have for ourselves for the upcoming month. So share a list of everything and anything you are thankful for and add any goals you have. This party will start on the first Friday of each month, but you are welcome to link up anytime during the month.
Rules for Gratitude and Goals Linky Party Participation:
- Follow your hosts:
Julie: Fab Working Mom Life | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Suzanna: Mama Motivates | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
- Link back to the Gratitude and Goals linky party somewhere on your site (a linky party participating page is just fine).
- Link up the permalink to your post, not the link to your homepage. Please link up relevant posts only. We reserve the right to remove off-topic posts. (That means no reviews, no roundups, etc. Goals or discussion of what makes you thankful please!)
- Comment on the host posts. Hop around and show some love to other participants. Share on social media using the hashtag: #GratitudeGoals.