It is definitely winter now, and I am not a fan. I mean, who wants to be freezing cold all the time? I prefer to be warm. I don’t even live where it snows! If I did, I would probably go crazy. So here’s a list of things I hate about winter.
- It is dark too much. I mean, sure the sun comes out during the day but I don’t see it. It is just starting to come up when I go to work, and it is setting when I drive home. Which brings me to…
- No evening walks for me anymore. I used to go walking with my neighbor after work, but now it is just too dark and dangerous.
- Did I mention that I’m solar-powered?
- Ice on my windshield and my car taking forever to warm up if I am forced to park in the driveway. This is why I normally park in the garage if we don’t have guests staying over and needing to park in the driveway (which would block me in) or the garage isn’t being used for a project.
- The cold makes my plantar fasciitis flare up. When my feet hurt I can’t walk around a grocery store or chase after my toddler. I mean, I can, but it hurts.
- Cold hands. I really don’t like when my fingers are numb. Does anyone like that feeling?
- Illness. Cold and Flu season is brutal on everyone.
- The Holidays, because let’s be real – holidays are stressful and expensive and some of us get a little bit Grinchy.
But let’s end this on a positive note and round out the 10 with a few good things about winter:
- It is no longer so hot that you melt into a tiny puddle of goo every time you walk outside. Yay Texas!
- The Holidays. Sure, it is a stressful and expensive time, but also a great time of year that we get to see family and of course… presents!
What do you think about winter?
P.S. I made that lovely image above using Picmonkey, and you are welcome to download it and use it if you fancy 🙂