My little Baby H just turned 6 months! It feels like I was just sharing my birth story, and yet here we are at 6 months! At our 6 month appointment with the pediatrician, Baby H weighs in at 19 lbs 7 oz and is 28 inches tall! My big boy. He’s rolling over, moving his head all around and back, loving to be flipped in the air by Daddy, and tells us stories in babble.
Despite all the pain, nursing strikes, supply issues, latch issues, etc etc, I am still breastfeeding my baby and I plan to continue for as long as I can. I have earned this badge and I will display it proudly. I met my initial goal of 6 months and the big goal is at least 1 year.
I wanted to reflect on this journey and think about all the positive feelings I have toward breastfeeding so I don’t focus on all the challenges. Every drop is a gift!
My top 5 Favorite things about Nursing my Baby
- On weekends when we don’t need to be up early, I pull Baby H into bed with me when he wakes and I nurse him side-lying. Then we both fall back asleep for a while. It helps since I’m so sleep deprived on work days.
- The way Baby H relaxes into me fills me with so much happy.
- Pumping at work means I get to take two half hour breaks from working every day, and it is encouraged!
- Being able to provide nutrition and immunities is kind of a superpower.
- When Baby H unlatches and smiles up at me. Melts my heart.