Pregnancy and childbirth definitely take their toll on our bodies. We go through so many changes with every week of our pregnancy, and the ultimate transformation during labor and delivery. I mean, we create something, starting with just cells, turning it into a brand new life. It is pretty spectacular, but it really leaves its mark on our bodies and our health.
We new Moms definitely have some mixed feelings about our new Mom bodies. I thought I would share mine.
Things I hate about my new Mom body:
- My jiggly middle section is… jiggly. My clothes don’t fit right. But, the stretch marks are a badge of honor to remind me what my body can do. I mean, it’s not as if I’m wearing bikinis ever anyway.
- The fatigue, the constant never-ending fatigue! The dark circles under my eyes. Ugh.
- Super dry skin, and, well everything else.
- My plantar fasciitis has returned. Poor feeties.
- I have become a light sleeper. It sucks to wake at every little noise. And not be able to get back to sleep quickly.
Things I love about my new Mom body:
- It grew and gave birth to a human!
- It can produce some nourishment for said human.
- How strong it has become – I used to struggle to lift a 14-pound bag of cat litter, and now I can sling around my 20-pound baby with one arm.
- How much it can accomplish on little sleep and still function at work and while taking care of a tiny human.
- My hair is still thick and full and my nails are strong since I’m still taking prenatal vitamins while breastfeeding.
What do you love/hate about your body? I’d love to hear and support fellow new moms since this journey is full of wonders and lots of learning new lessons along the way.