This week’s Tuesday 10 topic is:
10 Lessons I Learned in Life
Since it is back to school time, we are talking about lessons we have learned. I think this is a great topic because there is so much we can learn in life, but it is often difficult to pinpoint these lessons and take them to heart.
Here is my list of 10 lessons learned.
- Life is all about learning. You’ll learn about yourself and the world around you as you go through it.
- Don’t judge someone until you’ve heard their side of the story. Sometimes it isn’t what you think.
- Don’t be too quick to say “no” to new opportunities. You may be presented with a detour you didn’t know you wanted to take until you see it.
- Changing your mind is OK. You’ll change your mind about college majors, career choices, and even people.
- Accept advice from people courteously, but do what you feel is best. There’s no substitute for our own intuition.
- Sometimes you have to agonize over decisions, especially the very important ones. Other times you need to take quick action so don’t delay. Learn when each applies.
- Decide what qualities are important to you in a friend, and learn how to be the kind of friend you want to have.
- Surround yourself with people who support you and help you find joy, and release others into the wild.
- Start thinking about money and budgeting early, before you get yourself into a bunch of debt.
- Be kind to yourself and ensure your own needs are taken care of before spreading yourself too thin.
Join the Working Mom List
Join the Working Mom collective and get support and tools to help you thrive! Subscribers get access to my library of resources and printables.
A Cornish Mum says
I was nodding in agreement as I was reading this post! Thanks for linking up to #TenThings lovely
I’m going through 8 at the moment. Thanks for linking to #PickNMix
Great to hear it, keeping only supportive people around you is so helpful 🙂
Jenny @ Women With Intention says
These are great! I especially love #3! Thanks for linking at Women With Intention Wednesdays!
Thanks 🙂 Yes, saying yes can be a very good thing. I’m working on that.
Stacey Gannett says
Oh I definitely wish that I would have learned #9, much earlier on! What a great list, and so true, we are always learning. Have a great week!
Same here! Budgeting is so hard!
You Baby Me Mummy says
Great lessons, why do we learn some of the the hard way! Thanks for linking up to #TheList x
Life with Six Kids says
Love this list – great to remember to live by. Especially like number 4 and 10. Need to pin these up somewhere I think.
Thanks 🙂 Yea writing out and pinning some lessons as reminders can be really motivating.
Melanie Redd says
What a well-thought out list! I came over on Women with Intention today, and I’m glad to find your site.
I think this advice is especially good: “Sometimes you have to agonize over decisions, especially the very important ones. Other times you need to take quick action so don’t delay. Learn when each applies.”
And, I agree. Sometimes the decisions are fast; other times, we have to really think, pray, search, and work through them.
Hope you have a blessed day today~
Thanks so much for visiting, Melanie 🙂
Adventures of a Novice Mum says
Good lessons to remember. Financial education from early on is so important, isn’t it. It’s one amongst many life lessons, I’m keen for my little one to be clued on to from as early as possible. #CommentLuv
I hope to teach my little one to be smarter with finances early on too 🙂
Single Mother Ahoy says
Brilliant post. These are definitely words to live by!
Priscilla and her Books says
These are great lessons. #2 especially reminds me of Amy Poehler’s ‘yes’ mantra. And oh yes, #10 is very important! So many of us get too hard on ourselves.
I read “Yes Please” for a book club recently so I’m sure some of her awesome lessons stuck with me 🙂
Lisa @ The Golden Spoons says
I agree! Great list!
Laura's Lovely Blog says
I agree with so many of these. Budgeting yes – it has made a huge difference to my husband and I’s life. It’s ok to change your mind and also follow your own path. Great post xx
Thanks Laura 🙂 We’re still working on the budgeting issue here heh
Enjoyed reading your list!
#2 – I have trouble with this one sometimes. Great list!