This week’s Tuesday 10 topic is:
10 Lessons I Learned in Life
Since it is back to school time, we are talking about lessons we have learned. I think this is a great topic because there is so much we can learn in life, but it is often difficult to pinpoint these lessons and take them to heart.
Here is my list of 10 lessons learned.
- Life is all about learning. You’ll learn about yourself and the world around you as you go through it.
- Don’t judge someone until you’ve heard their side of the story. Sometimes it isn’t what you think.
- Don’t be too quick to say “no” to new opportunities. You may be presented with a detour you didn’t know you wanted to take until you see it.
- Changing your mind is OK. You’ll change your mind about college majors, career choices, and even people.
- Accept advice from people courteously, but do what you feel is best. There’s no substitute for our own intuition.
- Sometimes you have to agonize over decisions, especially the very important ones. Other times you need to take quick action so don’t delay. Learn when each applies.
- Decide what qualities are important to you in a friend, and learn how to be the kind of friend you want to have.
- Surround yourself with people who support you and help you find joy, and release others into the wild.
- Start thinking about money and budgeting early, before you get yourself into a bunch of debt.
- Be kind to yourself and ensure your own needs are taken care of before spreading yourself too thin.
Join the Working Mom Tribe
Join the Working Mom Tribe and get support and tools to help you thrive! Tribe members get access to my library of resources and printables.