Gratitude and Goals
- June and July were quite busy and eventful for us. Looks like I skipped last month’s Gratitude and Goals post. Most important thing that happened – we got orders! We know exactly when, and we already knew where, so now we are working to make the move plans finalized. This month! We are moving mid-August! We will be stationed at Fort Hood and I will work out of my company’s Austin office. It is insane to me that it is coming up so quickly.
- We listed our house for sale. That’s a huge thing, though that size and price range isn’t getting much traction right now, our realtor is working to market our house to people relocating to the area so hopefully, we’ll get it sold in a decent amount of time. I’m not looking forward to paying both a mortgage and rent haha.
- Rent – we signed a lease on a gorgeous smaller house between Fort Hood and Austin. We definitely need to downsize all our possessions (plus we don’t want to exceed the weight limit on the military movers).
- My parents are flying me out to visit them in California during the week between when our stuff is being packed up, and before it gets delivered to the new place. I mean, I’ll be displaced anyway, so might as well make a vacation out of it.
- We celebrated our 10th anniversary in June. What a rollercoaster it has been so far, and is about to take off even more haha.
- I had my annual physical and all my labs came back excellent! Woot! Healthy me! I’m the healthiest I’ve been in a really long time.
- Had a really fun Fourth of July with some friends watching a parade and having a neighborhood block party with them.
- The toddler’s behavior has improved immensely! He’s just a completely different beastie when daddy is home. It isn’t fair, but I’m happy to have relief from all the yelling and biting.
- I’m happy to be able to continue working with my company out of a different office, but it will be essentially like a new job since I have been working out of a client’s office for the past six years! I will have to get up to speed and plugged into completely new to me projects, so it will be a learning curve for sure.
- I reviewed my goals to rock my blog post and realize I haven’t met any of them! The next month will be insane but I plan to get back into working on my blog and stepping through the Elite Blog Academy course to attempt those goals for year end.
- We have been doing great with the bed before midnight goal. That’s hubby’s doing. Of course, that’s why I get no blogging done anymore ha.
- Harmonize. Stay positive. I am doing well actually with allowing my life to change and staying excited rather than fearing all the change.
- Execute our transition plan. We have the moving dates and schedule set up, so now we just have to make it all happen.
- Sell the house. That’s the next big goal. Wish us luck.
- Start September in our new jobs with a positive outlook and readiness to excel. Let’s do this!
What are you thankful for this month? What are your goals for the month ahead? Share your posts with us!
Welcome to the Gratitude and Goals Linky Party hosted by Julie at Fab Working Mom Life and Suzanna at Mama Motivates! The idea behind this party is to take a step back and reflect on those things, both large and small, that we are thankful for in our lives this past month as well as think about what goals we may have for ourselves for the upcoming month. So share a list of everything and anything you are thankful for and add any goals you have. This party will start on the first Friday of each month, but you are welcome to link up anytime during the month.
Rules for Gratitude and Goals Linky Party Participation:
- Follow your hosts:
Julie: Fab Working Mom Life | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Suzanna: Mama Motivates | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
- Link back to the Gratitude and Goals linky party somewhere on your site (a linky party participating page is just fine).
- Link up the permalink to your post, not the link to your homepage. Please link up relevant posts only. We reserve the right to remove off-topic posts. (That means no reviews, no roundups, etc. Goals or discussion of what makes you thankful please!)
- Comment on the host posts. Hop around and show some love to other participants. Share on social media using the hashtag: #GratitudeGoals.