Gratitude and Goals
- My birthday was great! A wonderful day spent watching Beauty and the Beast with hubby, eating a nice lunch (with dessert) and just enjoying a beautiful day outside, relaxing, while the kidlet was in daycare!
- And yes, we had sushi. And met up with some friends.
- We took the kidlet to the children’s museum – the big one in Houston. It was quite huge and I’m glad we finally went to check it out.
- We went to my neighbor’s birthday party for her 2-year-old and also another 2-year-old’s birthday party for a friend from a local mom group. It is fun to watch this kiddo interact with others and enjoy playing with water and kiddie pools so much. The second party also did an egg hunt since it was Easter weekend and that was adorable.
- Then this past weekend I had another mini vacation because my parents came to visit! It was awesome having them here! They got to interact so much with their grandson, and he especially had fun playing with Grandpa 🙂 We went to the beach one day, Galveston is gorgeous this time of year. Our town also had a crawfish festival this weekend so we got to listen to live music, eat some food (no crawfish was consumed by this family, but we did eat some shrimp and boudin balls) as well as enjoy some yummy drinks like lemonade served in a pineapple. Yea that was awesome. And the little dude had a blast playing in the splash pad. It was wonderful to get to spend some time with my parents and I really didn’t want to send them home.
- And now it’s May, which means this long year and a half craziness is coming to an end! Hubby will be home soon, for good. Then the madness will really begin.
- Continue picking away at the goals to rock my blog! I’m making progress with the Elite Blog Academy course. Unit 2 was to write more pillar content, and I feel like I have churned out some great posts lately. Now I’m trying to avoid post writing burn out and do some other things.
- Continue the bed before midnight goal. Continue to focus on my health and taking better care of myself. At least cold and flu season is over, right?
- Keep working with the toddler on his tantrums. Sometimes I feel like we make some progress, and then he completely falls apart on me and starts biting again :/
- Harmonize. Stay positive. I am working on going with the flow and not resisting all the changes in my life.
- Declutter. Get rid of stuff. Minimize. Too much stuff in our home! Picking away at things little by little.
- Make a plan for our transition. It would help to know a timeline though, but I have started researching things we will need.
What are you thankful for this month? What are your goals for the month ahead? Share your posts with us!
Welcome to the Gratitude and Goals Linky Party hosted by Julie at Fab Working Mom Life and Suzanna at Mama Motivates! The idea behind this party is to take a step back and reflect on those things, both large and small, that we are thankful for in our lives this past month as well as think about what goals we may have for ourselves for the upcoming month. So share a list of everything and anything you are thankful for and add any goals you have. This party will start on the first Friday of each month, but you are welcome to link up anytime during the month.
Rules for Gratitude and Goals Linky Party Participation:
- Follow your hosts:
Julie: Fab Working Mom Life | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Suzanna: Mama Motivates | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
- Link back to the Gratitude and Goals linky party somewhere on your site (a linky party participating page is just fine).
- Link up the permalink to your post, not the link to your homepage. Please link up relevant posts only. We reserve the right to remove off-topic posts. (That means no reviews, no roundups, etc. Goals or discussion of what makes you thankful please!)
- Comment on the host posts. Hop around and show some love to other participants. Share on social media using the hashtag: #GratitudeGoals.