Pregnancy and childbirth definitely take their toll on our bodies. We new Moms definitely have some mixed feelings about our new Mom bodies. I thought I would share mine.
Things I hate about my new Mom body:
- My jiggly middle section is… jiggly. My clothes don’t fit right. But, the stretch marks are a badge of honor to remind me what my body can do. I mean, it’s not as if I’m wearing bikinis ever anyway.
- The fatigue, the constant never-ending fatigue! The dark circles under my eyes. Ugh.
- Super dry skin, and, well everything else.
- My plantar fasciitis has returned. Poor feeties.
- I have become a light sleeper. It sucks to wake at every little noise.
Things I love about my new Mom body:
- It grew and gave birth to a human!
- It can produce some nourishment for said human.
- How strong it has become – I used to struggle to lift a 14-pound bag of cat litter, and now I can sling around my 20-pound baby with one arm.
- How much it can accomplish on little sleep and still function at work and while taking care of a tiny human.
- My hair is still thick and full and my nails are strong since I’m still taking prenatal vitamins while breastfeeding.
What do you love/hate about your body?